No Interest Loan Scheme
Many people living with arthritis face financial hardship because of their condition and the flow on effects of increased costs and reduced earning capacity.
We don't want anyone to experience financial hardship because of arthritis.
Arthritis Queensland has partnered with Good Shepherd Microfinance and Foresters Community Finance to create the Arthritis Queensland No Interest Loan Scheme.
Interest free loans can be obtained for $300 to $1,500. No credit check is required and loans are repaid over 9 - 18 months.
These microloans are designed to be safe and affordable alternatives to high cost finance options (e.g. payday loans, "rent to buy", and other high interest lending products).
Who can apply?
Loans are available to people who:
- have a Health Care Card,
- earn under $45,000 per year (after tax),
- are over 18 years old,
- are permanent residents of Australia, and
- have a willingness and capacity to repay the loan.
What you can apply for?
You can apply for items such as:
- health equipment
- costs of medical treatments
- essential household appliances
- education expenses (e.g .uniforms, books, fees)
- some other items as requested
What can't you apply for?
You will not be granted a loan to pay for:
- expenses you have already incurred (e.g. rent, phone bill)
- any service provided by Arthritis Queensland
How to apply
- Download and complete the Application Form.
- Attach the documents listed in the Check List.
Email the completed, signed Application Form and supporting documents to Arthritis Queensland (email@example.com)
- If you need assistance completing the form, please call our Infoline on 1800 011 041
- A representative of Foresters Community Finance (who administer the loans) will contact you to discuss your application
This program has been established in partnership with: