My Health Record: Control your health information securely, in one place
My Health Record is an online summary of your key health information. When you have a My Health Record, your health information can be
viewed securely online, from anywhere at any time.
The Australian Digital Health Agency have put together a range of resources to help you learn more about how your My Health Record
information is protected, and how you can control your health information securely, in one place:
For more information, and access to a range of materials, instructions and videos to help you control and manage your record, head to myhealthrecord.gov.au
or call 1800 723 471.
Some key things to remember about My Health Record:
- Your important healthcare information is available online, and easily accessible by you, your doctors, specialists or hospitals.
Because healthcare providers have access to clinical information, they may have a more detailed picture with which to make clinical
decisions, diagnose and provide treatment.
- In emergency situations, treating doctors can view information such as current medications and allergies.
You can personally manage privacy and control access to your My Health Record including what information gets uploaded and who has access.
- You can see who has accessed your Record.
- You don’t need to remember the dates of tests, medicine names or dosages.
- When moving interstate or travelling, your information can be viewed securely online.
- My Health Record has multi-layered and strong safeguards in place to protect your information.
For more information visit: myhealthrecord.gov.au or call 1800 723 471.