Heroes Giving Hope Service Agreement
Our commitment to you:
We, Arthritis Queensland (Debit User), note our commitment to you as the following:
- We will only arrange for funds to be debited from your account as authorised in this direct debit request.
- Where the due date falls on a non-business day, we will draw the amount on the next business day.
- We will provide written notice of any proposed changes to your drawing arrangement, providing no less than 14 days notice.
- We will advise you by notice, statement or invoice of the drawings.
- We reserve the right to cancel the drawing arrangement if drawings are continually returned unpaid by your nominated financial institution. Where drawings are returned unpaid we will arrange with you an alternate payment method. A fee may apply for drawings that are returned unpaid.
- We will keep all information provided by you and details of your nominated account at the Financial Institution private and confidential.
- We will investigate and deal promptly with any queries, claims or complaints regarding debits, providing a response within 14 business days.
Note your commitment to Arthritis Queensland as the following:
- By signing this direct debit request, you have authorised Arthritis Queensland to arrange for funds to be debited from your account.
- It is your responsibility to check with your financial Institution prior to completing the Direct Debit Request, that direct debiting is available on that account (direct debiting is not available on all accounts offered by financial institutions).
- It is your responsibility to ensure at all times that sufficient funds are available in the nominated account to meet a drawing on the due date for payment.
- If there are insufficient clear funds in your account to meet a direct debit payment, you may be charged a fee by your financial institution and you may also incur fees or charges imposed or incurred by Arthritis Queensland.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if the account nominated by you is altered, transferred or closed.
- It is your responsibility to arrange with us a suitable alternate payment method if the drawing arrangements are stopped, either by you or the nominated financial institution.
- It is your responsibility to meet any charges resulting from the use of the Direct Debit System. This may include fees charged to us as a result of returned drawings.
- You may request to defer or alter the agreed drawing schedule, by giving written notice to us to the address above. Such notice should be received by us at least 14 business days prior to the next debit day.
- You may stop your individual debit by giving written notice to us. Such notice should be received by us at least 14 business days prior to the due date.
- You may cancel the Direct Debit arrangement at any time by giving written notice to us. Such notice should be received by us at least 14 business days prior to the due date. Your nominated Financial institution is unable to cancel your Direct Debit Arrangement.
- If you believe that there has been an error in debiting your account, you should notify Arthritis Queensland directly on 07 3857 4200 and confirm that notice in writing to the address above, as soon as possible so that we can resolve your query more quickly.
- If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by arranging for your financial institution to adjust your account (including interest and charges) accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your account has been adjusted.
- If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has not been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding.
- Any queries you may have about an error made in debiting your account should be directed to us in the first instance so that we can attempt to resolve the matter. If we cannot resolve the matter you can still refer it to your financial institution, which will obtain details from you of the disputed transaction and may lodge a claim on your behalf
- We will keep any information (including your account details) in your direct debit request confidential.
- We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to this information do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
- We will only disclose information that we have about you to the extent specifically required by law or for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).