Careers & Volunteers
Arthritis Queensland is a great place to work and volunteer. The culture is excellent. Ideas and action are valued. Everyone is engaged, focused and enjoying working hard for Queenslanders with arthritis and osteoporosis.
Volunteers make our services possible. Without them we just could not exist. They are the heart of our organisation.
Current Volunteer Vacancies
Volunteers make our services possible. Without our volunteers we would not be able to provide thousands of Queenslanders with our wide range of information, education and support services. All our volunteers are appreciated and valued - they are the heart of our organisation.
We are seeking volunteers in the following areas:
Telephone Information Service - These trained volunteers take calls from the public about arthritis or other musculoskeletal conditions, with health professional staff to assist at all times.
Community speakers - These volunteers are trained in presenting talks on arthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions.
Current Employment Vacancies
You could be helping us to provide these services - a Help line, short courses, community seminars, web based services such as webinars and forums, and innovative projects.
Your goals are to
- Implement and extend health education programs
- Support the AQ strategic and business plans
- Positively influence people's lives through your great interpersonal skills and your knowledge of the conditions
- Be a supportive and engaged team member
- Raise awareness of our work to stakeholders and the general public.
To succeed in this job you must have
- A relevant tertiary qualification i.e. registered nurse, health promotion, or health professional
- Skills and/or knowledge in management of orthopaedic or musculoskeletal conditions
- Public speaking experience
- Very well developed technological skills
- Empathy, networking and stakeholder management skills
- Current drivers' licence and reliable vehicle
- Ability to travel overnight occasionally.
- A part time working opportunity (2 days per week)
- A dynamic team and positive, respectful culture
- Opportunity for skills development and independence in a small organisation
- Opportunity to positively influence the well-being of 1 million Queenslanders with musculoskeletal conditions.
More information about Arthritis Queensland is on our website www.arthritis.org.au For an application kit with Key Selection Criteria, contact Lynne Newcombe on (07) 3857 4200 or email@example.com
07 3857 4200