Healthy bones and joints for all Queenslanders.
Our MissionEnabling Queenslanders with, or at risk of, arthritis and osteoporosis to better manage their wellbeing.
The Challenge: Healthy bones & joints for all Queenslanders
1 in 5 people in Australia have arthritis. It affects babies, children, working people and our aged. Arthritis can affect everything from holding a hairbrush to holding a job and there is no cure. With the proper information, education and support arthritis and osteoporosis can be managed.
Arthritis Queensland is the peak body representing Queenslanders with arthritis and our objectives are:
- To advocate on behalf of Queenslanders with arthritis and osteoporosis for better services, programs and support.
- To advocate for better understanding of the impact of arthritis and osteoporosis in the wider community.
- To provide (or link) Queenslanders with arthritis and osteoporosis to the best possible information, services and support so that they can take charge of their condition.
- To encourage cooperation with government, fundraising bodies, project development, staff training, planning health economics, state based affiliates to ensure better outcomes for Queenslanders with arthritis and osteoporosis.
- To develop common systems to reduce costs, compare data and share resources with relevant affiliate organisations.
- To find a cure by funding research into the nature, causes, treatment, diagnosis and management of arthritis and osteoporosis.
For information and support call free Helpline on 1800 011 041