World Osteoporosis Day
World Osteoporosis Day takes place every year on October 20, with the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) launching a year-long campaign dedicated to raising global awareness of the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease.
The 2015 campaign theme is Serve Up Bone Strength and aims to raise awareness for the right nutrients you need to stay healthy and strong. A balanced diet along with regular exercise will help optimize your bone health at all ages and reduce your risk of osteoporosis. The goal of a bone healthy diet is to help:
- Children and adolescents build maximum peak bone mass;
- Adults maintain healthy bones and avoid premature bone loss; and
- Seniors sustain mobility and independence.
Download and share the campaign resources below to help make bone health a priority:
- Patient Brochure
- Nutrition and Bone Health Fact Sheet
- Milk and Dairy Products Fact Sheet
- Patient Stories
- Osteoporosis Australia recipes